Friday, January 6, 2017

On The Needles - Friday 1/6/17

Through the past several years I have acquired (like most) a allot of left over yarn from knitting projects.  After I would finish a project I would roll the yarn into a ball and throw it in the top drawer of a plastic storage bin next to my desk.  The drawer isn't big but you can jam allot of yarn into it.  The other day I tried to open it I decided something needed to be done with this yarn.  I decided my knitting goal this year is to knit 6 pair of socks from my scraps and stash.  With Loopy Academy, Camp Loopy, work and it takes me about 2 weeks to knit a pair of socks I thought that was a pretty safe goal to attain.

I went through the leftover yarn from the drawer and tentatively separated colors into bags and trying to get about 100g of yarn per bag.  I ended up with 6 bags so far but I'm sure I have another stash of scraps somewhere but this is just fingering weight, worsted weight is another year.

For the first pair of socks from my scraps I am going to use the 'recipe' from Fade-In-Fade-Out Socken I found on Ravelry.  Kind of a calm colorway for the first pair.  I think the top right yarn is alpaca and cotton blend so hopefully it will play well with the other yarn.


My in between project right now is Featherweight Cardigan and I am using Cascade Heritage Silk.
This cardigan was started during Camp Loopy last June and I would work on it every now and then.
Without measuring it looks like I am getting close to starting the ribbing.


And because I don't have enough yarn and I had a rollback credit at Loopy Ewe a Box of Fun showed up at my house yesterday.  My very first skeins of Wollmeise were in the order which I plan to knit Elfe, I used that pattern before but this time I am adding sleeves.


Well I was rather chatty this morning.

Happy Knitting!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment