Sunday, January 8, 2017

2017 First Snow of the Season

I grew up in Wisconsin so cold and snow come without saying.  The first snow was always exciting but it was just the beginning of a few months of more snow and bitter cold.  Living in South Carolina I still get excited for the first snow as long as I can stay home.

Saturday we had our first snow of the year, what a beautiful blanket of white.  I was lucky enough to be off of work so what do my husband and I do - head for the mountains to see more snow.


We left the house at 11am to start our ride to the hills in the Renegade and by then the roads were starting to melt.  For the majority of the trip the roads were great until we hit the road to Sassafras Mountain.  On the way up we did see a couple of trucks in the ditch, 2 vehicles that slid together passing each other, lots of 4 wheelers, kids with sleds and allot of beautiful scenery.



We made it to the top of the mountain and back home safely.
Beautiful day and a great ride.

Mary




No comments:

Post a Comment