Friday, June 29, 2012

On The Needles Friday

Project #2 Camp Loopy started on Wednesday so my Boneyard Shawl went into hibernation. The requirements for project #2 is to knit a minimum of 800 yards and must have a color from your country's flag in it. I am knitting Stripe Study Shawl using Spud & Chloe yarn - colors are Snorkel and Dolphin. I was able to get through the 6th stripe this morning with 6 more to go but with the rows are getting longer (even the short rows are getting longer) and my progress is slowing. My goal is to be on the second skein of the lighter blue by next Friday - skeins are 65g and I have used 28g so far, about 146 total yards knit so far counting both colors.


Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.

Life is HOT here in SC - may just stay in and knit - sew - read - whatever keeps me cool.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I'm making Stripe Study Shawl for project 2 as well. I'm using Dragonfly Fibers Djinni Sock yarn in Water Sprite & Poseidon. I've only knit through stripe #4 so far but I'm happy with the progress so far. Love these Loopy challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is very nice and you seem to be getting along just fine. It is hot here too and indoor projects like knitting and quilting are great time in the air conditioned house.

    ReplyDelete