Friday, June 15, 2012

On the Needles Friday

Since I had finished my Camp Loopy Project #1 last Saturday I needed something quick to keep my hands limber for Project #2 (which starts on June 27th) I found a quick pair of socks to knit.  The pattern I used is Travel Socks and these knitted up really fast.  The yarn is Fascination from Cascade, it's a DK weight and the pattern called for size 5 needles.  These are going to make great bed socks, the yarn is 98% cotton and 2% elastic.

Now that the socks were done I casted on Boneyard Shawl this morning and
this should keep me occupied until the 27th - more than likely I will not be finished by then.
The yarn is Knit Picks Swish in worsted weight - color is Rainforest.

It's 90 degrees outside and I'm knitting a worsted weight shawl - must have cooler temps on my mind.
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.

Mary

3 comments:

  1. Those socks are really nice. I've made socks in worsted weight yarn on size 7 needles. They come in handy on cold winter nights! Your shawl is very pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was crazy knitting with alpaca in hot weather *giggle* but I think all knitters have a little bit of craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear sleep socks almost year round. I need to try these. I like the rolled cuff too.

    Ejoy the shawl too.

    ReplyDelete