Monday, June 25, 2012

Design Floor Monday

Being true to myself I have started another quilt before finishing the previous one.  My next quilt is inspired by Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trip Aroung the World.  Where Bonnie's is scrappy mine is controlled.  It is coming together rather quickly and should have this lap size quilt together in the next couple of days.


My Goose Chase quilt top is now completed and ready for quilting once I trim the threads on the back.  I hate trimming threads but with a white background there is no choice but to trim.


Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times to checkout what other Quilters have on their Design Wall.

Mary

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty blocks and I love your quilt. I am not a fan of trimming up the threads after long arming my quilts either. In fact, I have a few in a stack waiting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your controlled colorway! Bonnie's Trip has been on my "to do" list for awhile. Pretty Goose Chase, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have always wanted to do Bonnie's scrappy 'trip', but really love your controlled one. BUT, the geese quilt really gives me goose bumps - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making a scrappy trip but mine is really scrappy - very color of batik I can find. I also love your flying geese quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow the scrappy trip around the world looks so much more mature and refined when it's controlled. Love the color choice. Can't get over the difference in how it looks. I'm going to have to give that one another look.

    ReplyDelete