Friday, January 3, 2014

On the Needles Friday - January 3, 2014

I have over half of my scarf for the Loopy Challenge completed.  I decided to take the Material Mixer and work with beads.  I am knitting Beaded Lace Scarf II using Swans Island Lace.  The yarn color is Sea Glass and I matched it with 8/0 Caravan Miyuki Beads - Sea Foam Lined Crystal. 

 
The scarf will use close to 1200 beads plus of minus the ones I have dropped.  This picture is 400 beads that I dumped in a small container. 
 
 
The 20 row lace pattern uses 50 beads and I'm knitting until I run out of beads or yarn which should be approximately 24 pattern repeats.
.
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

4 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous with the beads zig zagging up it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarf is absolutely gorgeous! The color, the pattern, the beading... everything. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so pretty and complicated. Can't wait to see how it looks all stretched out and blocked.

    ReplyDelete