Friday, January 17, 2014

On the Needles Friday - January 17, 2014

Sunday I finished my Beaded Lace Scarf II for the Loopy Challenge.  I recommend this pattern, very easy to follow and love the results.  The lace really opened nicely with blocking,  The scarf's final measurements are 11" x 64".   I finished with 11 yards of yarn left out of a 550 yard skein and approximately 25 out 1200 beads left (+/- a few from dropping some).
 

 
Next on the needles is Greyhaven Cowl I am knitting  using Dream in Color Classy and the color is Romeo Blue.  Switching from lace weight to worsted weight is like knitting with rope but I like how fast it is knitting up.
 
 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary
 



5 comments:

  1. Your shawl is gorgeous. Love the color. I'm going to have to look at the pattern for your cowl. This may need to be added to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beaded lace scarf is gorgeous! Very classy. Your Greyhaven cowl looks great too. That pattern is in my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, what a beautiful result with your shawl. It looks more complicated than I am at the moment. Love that color you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I always feel like I have moved from thread to a garden hose. Same with needles. But it is nice to change it up sometimes. Will have to put that pattern on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete