Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Another Knitting Post

I received my 'Box of Fun' from The Loopy Ewe yesterday with my goodies for the West Knits Mystery KAL and for my Camp Loopy Project #3 plus more Fixation yarn for my winter bed socks.


For the West Knits Mystery KAL I am using Madelinetosh Light in Amber Trinket and Cascade Heritage Sock in Plum.  The KAL started last Friday but I am finishing up my Camp Loopy Project #2 before I start but will need to stop any progress on the 27th to start the third project for Camp Loopy.

I use a color wheel allot when choosing color combinations especially for borders on scrap quilts.  I had ordered 2 skeins of the plum yarn so I would be sure I would not run short on the West Knits KAL and would use the remainder for my Color Affection for my third Camp Loopy project. 


So with purple as the one of the colors the wheel the complimentary colors on the wheel where orange and green.


My colors for my Color Affection are Mango, Mossy Rock and Plum all Cascade Heritage Yarn.


And my other goodies ordered actually got me free shipping.

This will definitely keep my busy for awhile.

Mary

2 comments:

  1. I just spent 40 minutes looking at many different dolor combinations of the Color affection scarf...I'm making a hat for everyone for Christmas but my Mother doesn't want one...should I do a shawl for an almost 90 year old? Is it to big a project for me. I am so indecisive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a shawl would be a great gift and should be doable for Christmas. I would love to see what you choose.

    ReplyDelete