Sunday, February 3, 2008

Joker's Wild






One year ago we added Joker to our family, after loosing Joe so suddenly my husband searched for a little guy to fill the void we had. He found Joker at a breeder in Ohio, Mickey was his name at that time was 6 weeks old and resembled
Joe so much we had to have him. So my husband set out early in the morning to make a 1200 mile trip to bring him home. Joker as a young pup was always into everything, would drag big pet pillows around, loved to steal socks and to terrorize his older brothers and sisters. At meal time he could not eat the food at the top he would have to go for the food at the bottom of the bowl and eat his way up. As he grew up he loves to run up and down the house squeeking the loudest toy he can find, likes to run and chase balls and toys whatever you will throw for him. So the pictures are of Joker 1 year ago and from today. Diffinently lives up to his name of Jokers Wild and a true joy to have here with us.






Well not much sewing/quilting going on this weekend because I am working. I started the hand work on a this 30's quilt binding. This quilt also started out as a different idea but when I started the sewing it together I wasn't happy with it, so I did some unsewing and choose this layout. It's a nice bright cheery quilt, I used a green fabric for the first border and a peach color for the second border. This quilt is also lap size and I will be offering it for sale.


My next 2 projects, actually three. I am working on digitalizing a picture for embroidery for a patch for my husbands motorcylce group. I never have done much of digitalizing but its coming along. The first stitch out was horrible, the one I just finished is looking pretty good - so that is coming along - hope to have this done by next weekend. I also have a baby quilt a friend asked me to make for the 24th, actually before since I need to ship it. Then my last is a quilt top another friend sent me to add a border to increase the size to a queen size bed quilt and do some simple quilting on.


Looks like a busy couple of weeks here, unfortunately time to get ready for work.

Mary




1 comment: