Sunday, February 17, 2008

Isabelle's Quilt




I finished the hand work on Isabelle's quilt this morning, unfortunately a day after I wanted to but still time to ship on Tuesday to make it by the weekend. The quilt started with the idea of a simple log cabin layout and the embellishments
were added after Kim mentioned Isabelle's mother likes elephants. So an applique elephant and flowers were added to decorate this colorful quilt. I used soft and bright poly batting and simple machine quilting to finish it off. This is the first time I did praire points on the edges and I think theycompliment the quilt just beautifully. I must say I am pretty please with it.



Every now and the take on online class thru Quilt University to learn a different technique, classes on EQ software and various other things in the quilting world. The one I am taking now is on Bargello Quilts, this is my 'homework' from the first lesson. I thought it turned out quite nicely and it together really easily. There are 3 more lessons to this course, so we'll see what I can come up with next.
Mary




No comments:

Post a Comment