Friday, February 15, 2013

On (and Off) the Needles Friday

I started to knit my Nantucket Red cardigan on Wednesday, my second for the year.  I'm not too far into it but I am really liking the yarn.  The yarn is Rowan by Amy Butler - Belle Organic, a cotton and wool blend and the color is Persimmon.
 
 
Also in progress is my Lady Violet’s Dinner Gauntlets - Jimmy Bean's Downton Abbey
Mystery KAL which can be found on their blog.  The yarn is Loran Lace's Solemate in Christmas at Downton Abbey color.  I started them on the 1st of February when the KAL was on the 4th clue but have caught up and ready for clue 6.  I could probably figure out the thumb placement but following the clues as they are given is giving time to me start the cardigan.  Anyone watching Downton Abbey, we just started watching the series and have been catching up on the past seasons.
 
 
Off the needles is my Lava Flow Cowl which I finished last week.  The yarn is Lorna Lace's worsted in the Gold Hill color.  The cowl is for my Loopy Ewe 1st Quarter Challenge, which was to use 1 skein of yarn and the pattern must include cables.  I really like the way the cowl lays and hope to wear it this weekend since our temps have dipped down again.
 
 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment