Friday, November 30, 2012

On the Needles Friday

Today the 4th clue of Jen Lucas' Mystery Shawl was posted and I am ready.  This shawl is becoming my most favorite shawl, love the cables and lace.  After last weeks post I ripped it all apart and started over, I wasn't getting the gauge so I switched to size 6 needles from size 4.  It went pretty fast and I was able to finish the 3rd clue on Wednesday to be ready for today.
 
 
I blocked my Summer Wind Cowl this week and am very happy with the results.  The cowl measures 8" wide by 60" round.  The yarn is Lorna Laces Shepherd Sock in London 2012 - wasn't sure of the short color changes but I really like the finished results especially the pooling of the red color.

 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

3 comments:

  1. That shawl is fabulous! The color and the cables are so pretty. Love the cowl too - Lorna's Laces is one of my favorite yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both! Both are very pretty patterns.

    ReplyDelete