Friday, December 7, 2012

On the Needles Friday

I finished my Jen Lucas Mystery Shawl on Wednesday.  Love the way it turned out.  It is on the smaller size (16" x 52") but perfect for around the neck.  Will definitely knit again and will add more repeats on the cable charts and possibly the lace charts too.


For mindless knitting while watching TV, reading or on the computer I started working on some bed socks.  I am using Cascade Fixation, a nice stretchy cotton yarn and am using Travel Socks pattern as my guide.  No rush to get these done, I just pick them up every now and then.

 
 Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

6 comments:

  1. I always chuckle when I read "mindless knitting" for socks. I now use a pair of plain socks as my mindless knitting, but before I started knitting socks I couldn't imagine knitting them to be "mindless". ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I meant to add, the shawl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finally getting to the point where I can knit mindlessly. beautiful shawl.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shawl in a great color! Is it hard to keep from knitting the stretchy yarn too tightly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really sure how to describe knitting with the stretchy yarn - I really don't pull much on the yarn. The sock foot is knitted about 1.5 inches short of desired length slightly stretched or I am doing 2.5 inches shorter.

      Delete
  5. Mindless knitting a pair of socks! I am constantly on my toes when knitting socks still (I have now done 2 single Christmas decoration socks). Your shawl is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete