Friday, November 23, 2012

On the Needles Friday

I finished my Summer Wind Cowl last Saturday but it still needs to blocked.  That is a nice easy to remember pattern and even thou I casted on 268 stitches the rounds went pretty fast.  Once the weather cools down some more I will be sporting my new cowl.
 

I had real good intentions of knitting Brighton Cowl out of Camp Loopy yarn but I saw the spoiler pictures for Jen Lucas Mystery Shawl I decided to go stash diving and work on it.  I started the shawl on Saturday and was able to catch-up and I have started clue 3which was posted a couple of days ago.
 

 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

8 comments:

  1. I've never worn a cowl, so haven't tried one of those yet. Do you enjoy wearing one?

    The shawl looks amazing, and I just love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never worn a cowl either but I can see the advantage where it will stay around the neck unlike a scarf (depending on the jacket fabric). The shawl yarn is Knit Picks Stroll Blue Yonder.

      Delete
  2. Your shawl and cowl look great. I'm also doing the mystery shawl and am enjoying it. It's a lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is probably my favorite shawl so far, easy to knit and I like the pattern variety.

      Delete
  3. Love the color of your cowl. I have never heard of a mystery knitting project. Bet it's as much fun as a quilting mystery quilt??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Just as much fun as a mystery quilt.

      Delete
  4. I love both of your projects. What yarn is the summer wind cowl and will you please show a picture of it once it's blocked?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The yarn is Lorna Laces Shepard Sock in London 2012 - it was their special dye for the Olympics. I'm really happy with the way the red pools in the cowl.

      Delete