Monday, January 31, 2011

UFO Challenge #6 Done!


I finished my Oklahoma Backroads quilt this morning - extremely pleased with the quilt. This was basically a start to finish quilt this monthly, when I started I only had a few fabrics pulled and the pattern printed off. The pattern is one of Bonnie Hunter's at Quiltville - my go to website when I want to do scrappy from my stash. This quilt did not put any dent in the stash but I am pleased to say that I did not purchase any fabric to make the quilt.


The panto I used is from Anne Bright and called Variety. I used Signature 100% Cotton thread, color is Oyster Shell - and the batting is Hobbs 80/20.


The outer border is just a simple feather and the inner border is from Anne Bright, Variety Stop border design - Signature 100% Cotton thread, Black and Holiday Red.

I'm ready for February's number - got my finger's crossed that Judy's Vince picks something easy on the lists.

Mary

13 comments:

  1. LOVE scrappy, colorful quilts. This one's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE scrappy! It is a wonderful quit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I'm impressed. You had a lot to do to get this puppy done. Lovely...and all from your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. I love scrappy quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a big accomplishment to get it TOTALLY done from top to bottom this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks great....yeah for the stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful! I LOVE scrappy quilts, and your quilting is fabulous. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful quilt! i'm sure it's all the more special since it has all those scraps in it. how amazing that you did the whole thing start to finish in one month- it looks like tons of work. i'll have to head over and look at the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this scrappy quilt and especially the feather quilting in the border! Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt. I didn't recognize it at first, but the pattern has bonnie's signature style.
    Cheers,
    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job! And how great to not have to buy any more fabric - I need to do that more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely!! I love scrappy quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I Love scrap quilts and this one is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete