Monday, January 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Can't believe it's Monday already. Had a couple of vacation days to use up so I tacked them on to this past weekend to make a nice 5 day weekend but tomorrow it's back to work.


This is the start of a Sawtooth Star Chain Quilt that I worked on over the weekend. The fabrics are left over from the charm quilt I did a couple of weeks ago, the pinwheels come from the corners clipped from the blocks on that quilt. The fabric is from Connecting Threads, the Golden Afternoon line. I usually buy extra border fabric, usually enough for a lap size quilt and I had also purchased fat 1/8ths of that line which was enough for the charm blocks and the flying geese for this quilt.


The idea for this quilt is a spin off of a design in EQ7 - I like the layout of it.

Today I am going to add the borders to my UFO #6 and hopefully load it on the frame to start quilting it this week.

Thanks for stopping by - Have a great week.

Mary

7 comments:

  1. Thats going to be a very nice quilt and love the colors. Thanks for mentioning where you got the fabrics for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that line of fabrics myself. I think your quilt is a great design and I love everything about it. Hope it is on the frame soon, I wonder what you are going to quilt on it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is just plain ole beautiful. I love the crispness of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. A great way to use up left overs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty. Good luck with the UFO!

    ReplyDelete