Friday, April 19, 2013

On the Needles Friday

Yesterday I started my second pair for the pooling challenge and I haven't finished the first pair yet.
For this pair I am using Opal Antonia Hand Dyes - Light Pink, Raspberry, Forest - the needle size is 2.50mm with 64 stitches casted on.  I decided to switch it up and do this pair top down to watch the pooling action.

 
With my first pair I have finished the heel turn and am starting to work on the leg portion.  Only 6 more inches to go.

 
Since last week I have watch the Craftsy course on Rigid Heddle Weaving and then enrolled in Beyond the Basics for the Rigid Heddle Weaving.  Both excellent courses, they answered and explained allot about weaving which helped me make my decision.  I decided and ordered the 15" Cricket Rigid Heddle Loom from The Woolery today.  I love the looks of the bigger looms and I was looking at 32" wide ones but I want to make sure I will use it first before I go bigger.
 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Today is a rainy day here so I am just going to knit and nap.
 
Mary

5 comments:

  1. Great pooling on your socks. I recently got a 15" cricket - it's put together, waiting to be warped this weekend I hope and the stand and other heddle should arrive next week. Can't wait to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your weaving projects. I'm anxious to get started.

      Delete
  2. Your socks look great!! I could use them here this week. Earlier in the week (Tues) it was in the 80s. Last night and tonight back into the 30's. Burr! Your socks would be welcome on my feet.!!
    All this talk about the Heddle weaving looms makes me want to see and try one. Maybe someone in Paducah will have one on display. Now I have something to look for!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pooling is so neat.

    I love Craftsy courses. I've taken a bunch, and have a bunch more bought but not yet watched. I seem to want to learn EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete