Friday, April 12, 2013

On the Needles Friday

Last week I started my first pair of socks for the Pooling Sock Yarn Challenge.  I am using Knit Picks Stoll Multi in the Sorbet colorway.  I am using 2.00mm needles and increased the toe stitches to 64.  After the toe increases I increased another 2 stitches to keep the pooling but since the yarn natural pools I decreased back down to 64 and will let the yarn do it's own thing.  I have another 2 inches to go before I need to decide which side is the top or bottom.
 

Side A

 
Side B
 
My Nantucket Red cardigan is still in progress.  While I was knitting the front sides I noticed I missed the very first row of knit only on the back giving the cardigan a nice edge.  I ripped out the back and have now started over.  I have gotten to the armhole decrease before I started on my socks.
 
 
I have more now in progress than I really want at one time and am still thinking about starting my next pair of socks for the Pooling Challenge. 
 
And thanks to Judy writing about weaving I have been researching looms and have started taking the class on Craftsy for Rigid Heddle Loom Weaving.  Do I really need another hobby? 
 
 Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

11 comments:

  1. I have a pair of socks out of that same yarn. I love the way it pools, makes super fun socks.
    The cardigan is gorgeous!
    I'm staying away from the loom. She has me baking sourdough bread instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy has certainly influenced many of us. If I baked I probably would be making sourdough bread too.

      Delete
  2. We've got a winner! Many of us are striking out with the pooling, but your socks look great! Cool color too.

    That's a bummer that you had to rip out Nantucket. You've made great progress since starting over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are pooling marvelously!!! And I love the color of your cardigan - it's going to be lovely :*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pooling you are getting with yarn from Knit Picks. I tried there Over the Rainbow, Imagination on no. 3 needle and got strips. Was wanting pooling.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pooling socks! I've never made a cardigan but am thinking about taking the button band class on Craftsy. Do you love the rigid heddle class? It was my first class and I am still amazed at how great that class is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really liking the class, it's answering all my questions plus some I haven't thought of. Now to decide how far I want to jump in on weaving.

      Delete
  6. Wow, your socks are pooling great. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at that pooling, wow! So far mine are being most uncooperative. I love your cardi also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that yarn, but I am using it for colorwork. When I tried it on regular socks, it pooled in columns, not the cool swirls you are getting.

    I am interested in weaving, but my house is tiny and I worry even a small loom takes up a lot of space once the yarns are set up on it.

    ReplyDelete