Friday, October 5, 2012

On the Needles Friday

It's SOCKTOBER!
 
Wasn't able to cast on on the 1st but finally started on my Simple Skyp Socks on Wednesday.
I think this is my new favorite stitch pattern and will definitely knit again.
I decided to knit these toe up which is really my favorite way to knit socks.  The last 2 pairs I did was top down, I like the way the ribbing is this way but I not liking the heel turn - I think it's easier toe up.
 

 Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

5 comments:

  1. Love the colors in this yarn! That is one of my favorite patterns now too. One day I am going to learn toe up! Just not today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful yarn and pattern You said it is really simple I think I am ready to try a pattern
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking yarn! I always do top down. It seems easiest to me but isn't it great that there are so many ways to knit a sock. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, did you just comment on my blog? You are set for no-reply if you did so I couldn't reply. Your yarn is making a nice stripe. Is it Opal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula for letting me know - will try to fix that. The yarn is Opal Rainforest and Robin Hood is the colorway.

      Delete