Friday, September 14, 2012

On the Needles Friday

Making progress on my Shur'tugal socks.  I finished the leg portion last night and started the heel turn this morning.  I always have a hard time deciding how long to make the leg portion - these I knit 7 inches but I think most of the time I do 6 inches.
 
 
Yesterday my Knit Picks order arrived.  I think the purple with the green/purple hand-painted yarn will be next - I think I will use the Skyp pattern.  Or the brown and blue tonals using the
 
 
My Opal yarn arrived yesterday too!  So I'm all set for Socktoberfest which I plan on knitting 2 pairs of sock, don't think I can do 3 pair in a month.

 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

8 comments:

  1. Love your socks! And those yarns.....oh goodness. Those are all fabulous. I am hoping my Opals come today. Resisting looking at Knit PicKs. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got one Shur'gtal sock done in my stash somewhere. Isn't that a pretty pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pattern! Is it on Ravelry? Love the color also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is available on ravelry and it's free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooo pretty socks and pretty yarn
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping my order from Knitpicks arrives tomorrow and hoping it is as luscious as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is the deal with opal yarns? And Socktober? I KNOW I can't get 2 pr. done in 1 month but I"m thinking I might try my first sock...maybe red bulky yarn and hang it on the chimney at Christmas time...then they won't have to match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join in for Socktober it will be fun. Opal is the birthstone for October - hence using Opal yarn in October for Socktober.

      Delete