Friday, September 7, 2012

On the Needles Friday

Today JudyL wrote a sob story about the socks she is planning for her son.  Well, I too have a sob story of my own.
For the past few weeks I have been dedicating my knitting time to working on my Rockefeller shawl and Thursday I was getting ready to bindoff the body of it and start on the sides - and that's when I discovered my error.  For whatever reason I was viewing my projects on Raverly I went onto West Knits and was looking at his finished pictures of the shawl and that's when I discovered I missed knitting the last 4 rows of clue #2.  Those last 4 rows really set off the look of the border, so this week I will be ripping out the 20 rows I just did - 330 stitches!
 
 
For the past week I have been fighting off the notion to start a pair of socks, today I gave in and casted on a pair to drown my sorrows.  The pattern I started is Shur'tugal and am using Knit Picks Stroll Fingering and the color is Wonderland Heather.
 
 
And still distraught I ordered more yarn this morning from Knit Picks.
 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Happy Knitting,
Mary

3 comments:

  1. I sure can't see where your mistake is. Love the colors Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! But if, like me, you don't frog it you will be totally unhappy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating! I had to pull out a few rows of my current scarf project too. I like the color of your new sock pattern!

    ReplyDelete