Friday, October 3, 2014

On the Needles Friday - October 3, 2014

No completions this week but I did manage to cast on another pair of socks.  So now on the needles I have Rolling Rock Sweater, Circle Socks and Hermione's Everyday Socks.
 
First up is my Rolling Rock sweater, I am now about half way through the body of the sweater.  This pattern is a Henley style sweater and once I was able to join the front and knit in the round I am making good progress.
 
 
Next is my Circle Socks.  I have only 1 1/2 repeats of the circle pattern to complete and this pair of socks will be done.
 
 
The second pair of socks I have just started is Hermione's Everyday socks I am knitting using Lorna Lace's Solemate.  I don't remember knitting with this yarn before but I am loving the feel of it.
 
 
A 'Box of Fun' managed to make it to my house this week.  In the box was 2 skeins of Solemate (Reno & Rockwell), Cascade 220 (Violet) for my 3rd Loopy Academy project, ChiaoGoo needles and my Camp Loopy Bonus Yarn (Summer Bloom).
 
 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

6 comments:

  1. Your Rolling Rock is gorgeous. Your Box of Fun has some great choices. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT'S what I call a Box of Fun! I'm going to have to try Soulmate one of these days :) Love your Rolling Rock sweater - neat design :) And of course your socks - I love knitted socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great projects thanks for the link for the sweater love a ll the sock yarn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're on the way to having a really pretty sweater. I, too, fell in love with Summer Bloom. What are you going to make with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going to knit a cowl but not sure what pattern.

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried Soulmate yarn either, but will have to check it out. I made a pair using the Hermione's Everyday socks pattern and was so pleased with how they turned out. I had forgotten about that pattern! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete