Friday, October 10, 2014

On the Needles Friday - October 10, 2014

This post should actually be called On and Off the Needles Friday.
 
I managed to complete both the pair of socks I had been working on last week.  First completed were my Circle Socks, love the fit of these and can hardly wait to put them to good use.
 
 
Second pair of completed socks are the Hermoine's Everyday Socks.  This completion is my new record.  I can usually knit a pair in 2 weeks with my schedule but this pair was completed in 7 days.  This pair is going to my sister for her birthday.
 
 
Still making slow progress is the Rolling Rock sweater.  I am about 5 inches from starting the ribbing then the body of the sweater will be done.
 
 
This morning I started another pair of socks using Opal yarn, it's October needed to go German.
I have decided to use the pattern Socks on a Plane.  It's a nice simple pattern with a cable running up the outer side of the sock.  The best part is I'm using stash yarn, I found that I have had this yarn since 2011, time to put it to use.
 
 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

7 comments:

  1. Circle socks is one of my favorite patterns! Love both pair and that sweater! OhMyGosh, it's gorgeous.
    Love the new sock yarn, can't wait to see how that knits up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you do the Socks on a Plane two at a time? And I really like the look of your Circle Socks. Very interesting socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do all my socks two at a time that way otherwise (knowing me) I would have the dreaded second sock syndrome

      Delete
  3. I will need to look up the Circle sock pattern. I will one day knit socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do it. I always like to have a pair in the works while I am working on something else - especially a sweater.

      Delete
  4. Both of your sock pairs are beautiful. Really love the colors in the circle socks. Your sweater looks lovely. You have really outdone yourself this week in the knitting area. Will try to find the circle sock pattern too. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! Love that sweater.

    ReplyDelete