Friday, July 18, 2014

On the Needles Friday - July 18, 2014

I'm making good progress on my Old Man and the Sea cardigan, only 34 rows left before the bind off.  I used the magic loop method to knit the sleeves which went pretty fast.  The sleeves are an
after-thought type added into the body of the cardigan which made it a little tight to knit around but after about 8 rows it became allot easier.  Best thing about adding the sleeves this way is that there is only a small area under the arm to stitch.

 
I also have in the works a pair of socks for mindless knitting.  I started these on our last camping weekend and just knit on them every now and then.  The yarn is Heart & Sole by Red Heart in Faded Jeans colorway.

 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Don't know what happen to first comment.
    I love, love your sweater. Would it be hard to make into XXL? I have knitted socks and a couple capes. I have knitted projects I want to do for you girls, but this I would like for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous sweater! Love your yarn and pattern. Your socks are lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete