Friday, July 11, 2014

On the Needles Friday - July 11,2014

It's been awhile but I'm back.  Gone for no particular reason just taking a break.
During my break I managed to knit a few dishcloths, wove a set of towels and finished a couple of quilts.
 
I am currently working on my Camp Loopy Project #2 - Old Man and the Sea cardigan.  Loving the pattern and it's knitting up rather quickly for me.  I am using Malabrigo Arroyo sport weight yarn in the Azules color.  This morning I finished the pattern repeats and now onto 3 inches of garter stitches to finish the body.
 

My Camp Loopy Project #1 was a plain vanilla sock using String Theory Continuum Self-Striping yarn.  These are probably the longest socks I have ever knitted.  The leg portion measures 11 inches but I needed to keep knitting to met the 400 yard requirement.  In the picture the cuff is folded which it still seems too long so I may frog down to a more suitable length for me or maybe not.
 
 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

5 comments:

  1. Your cardigan is going to be gorgeous! That's a great pattern. Love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great cardi pattern! Cute socks, too

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, those are the socks for me. I'm tall and I love taller leg portions on socks than the usual 6 or 7" they have in most patterns. Great looking sweater too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your caridgan.. the pattern and the yarn. Great colors! And your self striping socks are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. String theory continuum looks great. I love thick stripes

    ReplyDelete