Friday, February 14, 2014

On the Needles Friday - February 14, 2014

I am making good progress on my Dark and Stormy cardigan.  I started it on the 29th of January and I am now just 2 cable repeats from starting the ribbing on the body of the sweater. The picture is of the back of the cardigan.
 
 
The wintery stormy weather we had here in South Carolina I think really propelled my knitting this week with worrying about the roads and possible power outages.  Bad news - roads were terrible,  the good news - the power stayed on and only half the snow and ice predicted fell.  The even better news we will be in the 60's and 70's next week.
 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

8 comments:

  1. Dark and Stormy is going to be so pretty. Did you make any modifications? From the pattern, I'm wondering if I should make mine a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No modifications. I changed to a longer cable on my needles this morning so I can check the length.

      Delete
  2. Your cable work is beautiful! The bad weather does allow for more knitting. Bring on the 60 degree days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking awesome! The cables really pop. Good luck getting the body finished before it gets too warm out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sweater and your cables look great. Like the color a lot too.

    ReplyDelete