Friday, June 21, 2013

On the Needles Friday

I am still working on my Camp Loopy Project #1 socks - Scylla. I was almost done on Wednesday, had a couple more rows of the ribbing and I weighed the remaining yarn and found I did not use enough yarn.  The project was to use 375 yards and I was at 360.  So I decided to un-knit back to the pattern and do another 10 rows of the pattern to help get me to the required yardage.  The socks are getting a little longer than I like but I love the texture the pattern creates.
 
 
For Camp's second project I will be knitting Vine Lace Vest using Cascade Ultra Pima in the color Sage.
 
 
Last week I warped my loom with yarn for a scarf but did not start weaving until yesterday.  I am using Knit Picks Stroll Fingering in Dove Heather for the warp and for Merry-Go-Round the weft.  On this scarf I am really trying to concentrate on my edges and making sure my weaving is even and balanced.

 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.

Mary
 

2 comments:

  1. Love the pattern of your socks!! Your weaving is nice and even. My mother was a weaver she always tried to have her selveges even.

    ReplyDelete