Tuesday, May 31, 2011

UFO #9 Progress

 My UFO #9 did not quite make my completed list for May, but it is close.  The pattern is from Bonnie Hunter called Cathedral Stars and my finished quilt top measures 64" x 76".  I think I started the quilt last fall, got the blocks assembled and for whatever reason put the quilt aside.  Last week with the end of the month coming near I finally pulled the blocks out and got the quilt assembled.  Bought the backing fabric last week at Hancocks on sale - the fabric for the back is black and white (reads more black) and the binding color is black.
 
I pieced the batting together which was leftover from a few different quilts.  In fact I have done that on most of my quilts this year, had so many pieces leftover and cut off of other quilts I spent one day stitching them together to make them usable again.

The quilt is on the frame and ready to be quilted, unfortunately I will not be able to quilt it all at one time - work is going to get in the way (as usual).
I have not decided yet on the panto but the thread is a variegated thread from Signature called 'Summery Fun'.

For sure this one will hit my June Completion List - hopefully JudyL will be kind and pick an easy UFO for June.

Mary

4 comments:

  1. A Bonnie Hunter quilt is always a challenge - so many pieces, and your Catherdral Stars quilt is beautiful. Lovely finish. JudyCnNC

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! I think I'll put my Cathedral Stars on next year's UFO list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on an (almost) finish! A lovely quilt with such cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sure a fun quilt! I love Bonnie's patterns. Great job getting it this far!

    ReplyDelete