Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Two Productive Days

As far as sewing goes -it has been a productive 2 days. I finished assembling a top yesterday and was going to put another one on the frame to quilt. I had some cotton batting left so I started to soak it so I could shrink it before quilting I started search for the backing for the first top I had finished - didn't search too far, hadn't bought it yet. So that being discovered I started on this scrappy quilt, pattern called Tossed 9-Patch and finished it this morning. Now I have 3 tops to quilt so off to the store to purchase the fabric for at least one quilt back, which was on sale so I purchased enough for all three. So last one done first on the frame - but now I won't get back to it before Friday, work is going to get in the way again.

The weather so far this week has been mild - highs in the 50's. Unfortunately that cold Canadian air is to reach down here to really chill things up. I know to my northern family the high of 30 is springtime but to the people of the South its a whole different story. And yes I am getting soft, I still can vividly remember 30 below with a wind chill of 55 below and at this time in my life I choose not to revisit it.

Warm wishes and thoughts of you my Northern Family and Friends - Cheers!

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful quilt tops!!!
    As for the weather...your "mild" weather would be a warm welcome here in Wisconsin. We're in for sub-zero weather with wind chills at minus 30 to 45 degrees over the next two days!!! It's all of a whopping zero degrees right now...Brr - to say the least.

    ReplyDelete