Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Today is for Joe Cocker


Today is a sad day in our house, 1 year ago today we lost a very loyal friend and companion. Joe Cocker was our second Cocker Spaniel and was a true joy to have in our lives. He absolutely loved to play ball - catching, throwing, chasing anything that had to do with a tennis ball he was there for it. He played right up to the day before he died, which is how I found out he was not well when he would no longer want to play. The poor little guy had a tumor growing in his belly that caused his lungs to fill with fluid, he never showed any signs that he was so sick until that day when I noticed his breathing was labored and he was breathing from his abdomen. He died in my arms that night, he wanted to go off by himself but I would not let him, I knew he would not let me be alone. So today is for Joe, we miss him so much.
Mary

1 comment: