Friday, July 17, 2015

On the Needles Friday - July 17, 2015

I feel really accomplished this week, I finished my Campside shawl on Tuesday with the exception of blocking.  I used all but 14 inches for my yarn, a total of 720 yarn was used for this shawl.  I know I have never used that much yardage in 2 weeks - my new record in knitting.  The picture is after I finished the ribbed border.  I highly recommend this pattern if you are looking for a big cozy shawl to wrap up in.
 
 
Since I'm in-between Camp Loopy Projects I revisited my Socks on a Plane.  Only a couple more inches of the leg and I can call these done.
 
 
My yarn came on Wednesday for my Camp Loopy Project #3.  I will be knitting Elfe using Smooshy from Dream in Colors.  The colors are Butter Peeps and Malibu Sail.
 
 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
 
Mary

6 comments:

  1. Your shawl is gorgeous. Thank you for the link to the pattern. Nice socks, too! Love the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl looks very pretty. I also like those socks. I must get going on another pair. I miss knitting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm checking my stash and going through patterns for the next pair.

      Delete
  3. Good for you doing Camp Loopy! Nice projects! I'll bet you were holding your breath at the end of that shawl with just 14" left. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was weighing my yarn every 2 rows and getting myself prepared to frog back 2 rows to finish.

      Delete