Monday, March 18, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Been awhile since I last posted, but I have been able to check off a couple of items off my 'Get It Done' list.
 
Yesterday I finished the blocks for my Oil Slick Quilt and was able to assemble the body of the quilt.  The block is actually called Gamecock in EQ7 but I named the quilt after the what the manufacture called the border fabric I am using.
 


On the 9th I finished my Split 4 Patch quilt.  It waited in my to be quilted pile much too long and was on my February's 'Get It Done' list but now is finally checked off the list.
 
 
Stop by Patchwork Times to see what others are working on.
 
Mary

10 comments:

  1. Wow, both are beautiful. I love the dark purple in the oil slick, really grabs you attention and says "hey, look at me I'm so pretty" and yes indeed it is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the Oil Slick (really funny name)quilt is great and I love the focus/border fabric. And I do understand about quilts not getting quilted. I think getting the backing ready is one of the stumbling blocks I have to finishing a quilt. Gotta work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful quilts. Nicely done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I have that "oil slick" in my stash-- one of those "gotta haves" that I "can't cut".
    The border will set off the blocks nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think of that style as endpaper fabric. Years ago books would be bound with a similar paper inside front and back covers. Love it. Wish they hadn't discontinued it, maybe it will come back. I can always hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The border fabric is just perfect!! I love both your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors and the fabrics for Oilslick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your fabrics in those patterns. They are showcased nicely. I have a similiar purple fabric and love it so much that I haven't cut into it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your Oil Slick quilt. The colors are great and well coordinated with the awesome border fabric. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilts! Love that dark purple in your Oil Slick quilt and the border fabric, it's going to be a very dynamic quilt.

    ReplyDelete