Friday, August 17, 2012

On the Needles Friday

Still working on my Color Affection but I am nearing the end - only 11 more rows on the border and then on to the never ending bindoff.


Already looking forward to my next knitting project.  I was able to get Lorna's Laces Sock in the London '12 colorway that they dyed in celebration for the Olympics.  I ordered it from Jimmy Beans Wool and their promotion during the Olympics was to deduct money from the price for each of the medal the US won.  The promo deducted 5 cents for gold, 3 cents for silver and penny for bronze - so I was able to save $3.46 on the skein.  I have decided to knit Summer Wind Cowl with it.


But before I start the cowl I must finish my West Knits Shawl.

Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
Off to work today.
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Color Affection! I finished mine a couple weeks ago and used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind-Off with mine and it give a nice edge.

    I also just ordered a skein of the London 2012 yarn. I'm planning to knit a pair of socks for a friend that is Olympic crazy and she's moving away in a couple months. So these will be a going away gift for her :)

    Thanks for posting about the yarn, I hadn't seen that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the London '12 yarn.
    Good luck getting your shawl done.

    ReplyDelete