Sunday, August 21, 2011

UFO #7 Completed Plus One

Today I completed my Rosebud Quilt aka UFO #7.  I had the quilting done a week ago but today I finally did the binding today and now it is done, no longer a UFO.  For the quilting I did a simple swirling design in the sashing and stippling around the Rosebuds with piano keys in the border.  The stopborder has a small leaf design that I found in QuiltCad - when I first stitched it out I almost frogged the stitches but now that it is complete I really like that it did not fill the border.

My plus one this weekend was another I had done the quilting a week or so ago but finally did the binding this weekend.  The quilt is from a kit I bought from Connecting Threads called Midnight Madness.  I used a panto from Anne Bright called Variety and stitched with Signature thread.
More pictures of these quilts can be found in my Webshots Album.

Mary

6 comments:

  1. You are so lucky you can do the quilting. I have to send mine out. Beautiful quilts. Judy C in NC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are very pretty. I love the Rosebuds - kinda makes me want to make one of my own! And the colors in the Midnight Madness are so soothing, I want to borrow it for my next nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people are just overchievers--two lovely finishes in the same month! :) Your quilting looks wonderful--I'd love to be able to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts -- I especially love the rosebuds! I enjoyed the link to the closeups -- lovely quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these. Nice job. Bet you're glad to have them crossed off your list.

    ReplyDelete