Monday, August 1, 2011

Design Wall (Floor) Monday 8/1/11

I have been MIA for about a month plus - been doing my Quilter-for-Hire gig.  Now that I am finally caught up decided to start a new quilt.


On Saturday afternoon, hiding inside from the heat, I went idea shopping on the web.  I decided to make Trips Around the World I found on Quiltville.  I made the decision that I did not want to go totally scrappy like Bonnie but a little more controlled.  So I went stash diving and came up with red, teal, plum, gold, green and grey.  Wasn't sure of the combination but I do like how it is turning out.

No more sewing for today - off to the Biltmore House to spend the day.

Enjoy the Day!
Mary

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love the controlled scrappy look and trip around the worlds are fab!! Can't wait to see where its going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you are using. I like the more controlled color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color choices! I'd like to try one of those too. Bonnie has a great brain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made the scrappy one and I am really liking the controlled scrappy look you are working on.

    ReplyDelete