Sunday, June 5, 2011

First Completion for June


                     
Is Socks!

I finally finished my first ever socks done Toe-Up 2 at a Time.  These are Plain Vanilla Socks but I followed the pattern, Toe-Up Socks with a Difference.  The pattern has an interesting way of doing the heel gusset and turn where the gusset is on the bottom of the foot.  I really like how they turned out.



My next pair is Sprinkle Socks, also doing them toe-up 2 at a time.  I really like knitting socks 2 at a time, may seem like it takes longer but they are both done at the same time.  I purchased the yarn on ebay and is a wool/cotton/nylon blend, should be nice for a summer sock.


I did start quilting my Cathedral Stars quilt this afternoon.  I was able to get the program set up and quilt the first row before the thunder started and thought it was best to shut the machine down and try again in the morning.  The panto I am using is from Lorien Quilting called Fay Feathers.  The thread is a variegated thread - King Tut Joseph's Coat.

Signing off now - storm is getting closer.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment