Wednesday, February 2, 2011

From UFO to Done!

Every now and then I procrastinate on sewing the binding on a quilt and this little quilt was been waiting since November to move from the UFO category to the Done category. Today was it's day. Since I still had my machine's walking foot on I decided to get this one done.


On this quilt I decided not to hand stitch the binding to the back and do it by machine. I prefer hand stitching over machine but on quilts that will more than likely be used and washed allot I go with machine stitch.


I did just a flower border that was similar to the flowers in the fabric. The fabric is by Moda from the Birdie Collection.


It is just a simple coin quilt so the feather that is quilted in the solid strips I used a variegated thread in bright colors.

Tomorrow onto UFO #10.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment