Friday, October 11, 2013

On the Needles Friday - October 11, 2013

Yesterday I started my annual Socktober socks made with Opal yarn.  For the past 3 years I knitted with Opal yarn in honor of my ancestors and my birthday month.  I am following Wendy D. Johnson's Gusset Heel pattern and I am going to start a 2x2 ribbing on the foot after I finish 2 inches on the toe section.
 
 
Toe increases finished last night.
 
 
Take a minute and stop over at Patchwork Times and see what others have on their Needles.
 
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Your yarn is so pretty. A friend is going to teach me how to knit two socks at once on a circular needle, but from the top down. I'm looking forward to learning this technique! Lovely socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your choice of yarn. I haven't used any Opal yarns but after seeing how nicely yours is working up, I think I'll get some. Good job!

    ReplyDelete