Monday, April 30, 2012

Design Floor Monday


After taking almost a month off from sewing I am regenerated and ready to sew again.  I have 2 WIP on my cutting table to choose from - Orca Bay and RRCB.
I decided to work on my Orca Bay and I am making some good progress on it.  I had most of the Ohio Star blocks together along with the blue and red strip pieces before my break.  I needed to get my Flying Geese blocks together before I started to assemble the quilt.  Now seeing a 1/4th of the quilt coming together I hope this will keep me mortivated to continue on.
The only thing that may interrupt my progress is I have 2 more quilts in my head I want to do - in fact I already bought the fabric for one of them.
Oh please - someone keep me focused, my cutting table can only hold 2 WIP!

Happily sewing along,
Mary


6 comments:

  1. I am not a good person to ask about staying focused, haha. I think that sometimes we just need to have a couple of things going! I have to get my tops quilted... those are my ufo's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Orca Bay is looking great! I've been on a break for too long with mine, need to get back at it. Stick with it and then you'll really be able to focus on and enjoy your new project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks beautiful. I am not good at staying focused either - but I am trying the sticky note thing... leaving notes to my self to stay on topic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Orca Bay, I wanted to follow that mystery as it progressed, but too many things going on, and then when the reveal came, oh my, I know it's a quilt on MY to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orca Bay is looking great! Maybe the motivation of wanting to start a new project will help you get it finished up sooner rather than later. They are both stunning quilts, but not quick or simple ones, good luck with the finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Orca Bay has nice clear definite colors - I really like it. As for staying focused....well, like the others...I think we quilters all have the same problem. I have only known one or two people who buy for one project, finish it and then buy for another.
    Every creative person I have known has several projects going - if not for real - at least on paper or in their head.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete