Sunday, December 18, 2011

Domestic Diva!

OR MAYBE NOT!

A few months ago I found this site Salad in a Jar and found rather interesting.  First I tried her instructions for Greek Yogurt - not a failed batch yet.  I have been making my own Greek Yogurt now for about a month and it's probably the easiest thing to do.  Sometimes I get 2 pints, the batch before I got 3 pints, now this one 2 1/2 pints.  Pretty cost effective too - I save about half over buying already made.


Another thing I started to do is make my own bread again.  This time around I am using white wheat flour for some added nutrients and fiber, it gives a denser bread and very filling.  My new favorite recipe is also from Salad in a Jar site - Sweet Milk White Bread.  I made a loaf last week and it uses sweetened condenser milk but only half a can so I mixed up another loaf and froze it after the first rise - that is the one rising now.  I was never really happy with the size loaf that came out of the bread machine, so now I let it do the mixing and first rise then finish the rest the conventional way.


And that was the end of the Domestic Diva for Saturday, went back to sewing.

Mary

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you didn't tell me you learned how to do Greek yogart!! Do you do yours in a crock pot? I tried it for the first time last week and it turned out just perfect. I got 2 pints for the cost of a half a gallon of skim milk and some time.

    ReplyDelete