Monday, December 27, 2010

Snow and Sew


This was the view out my sewing room window Sunday morning. According to the news we did have enough snow to classify it as a White Christmas - first one since 1963 in this area. It was certainly beautiful to see the big fluffy flakes coming down, but now in my personal and humble opinion that can be it for the rest of the winter season.


Now that I have finished my Carolina Christmas Quilt it is time to start on the next quilt for our bed. I am now officially participating in Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt, the clues started back on November 19th - so I'm a few weeks behind, at least it's not a race. For the quilt I chose Civil War era fabrics; the colors I am going with are browns, greens, pinks and neutrals - the same colors in the mystery.


With the snowy weekend we had and our plans changed I was able to get a few 'clues' completed. Son far I have clue 1, 2, 4 and half of 6 finished; 3 and 5 have quite a few pieces to them so they will take a while longer.


For some odd reason when I sit down at the sewing machine I always have to figure out how I can get my foot in to operate the pedal. JD and Sophie are usually under the desk but today Kasey decided to join them. They never go under there until I sit down to sew, not sure if they think I can't sew without them there.

Oh well, it's Monday and back to work.
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment