Friday, May 16, 2008

My Rose Bush




Yes I know I didn't grow this - but I have kept it alive for the past 2 weeks so I deserve some credit. We were at Lowe's one night about 2 weeks ago buying azaleas for the front of our house when Jody came back to the cart with this bush. It's a grafted rose bush and is quite stunning. I asked him how much and he told him he did not know but he liked it, so on the cart it went. Then he asked me where I was going to plant it, ?????, I responded I didn't know, hadn't planned on it. So right now it is in the decorative pot it came in but will find a home up by the fence in our backyard.
Today will be just a cleaning day, don't want to but need to. Then hopefully some sewing and quilting. I have the quilt I made for our bed last winter on the frame, its been on it for more than a week. I was having all kinds of issues with my tension, self induced of course. After changing the needle, playing with the tensions, etc., I finally changed the thread in the bobbin to the same thread on top - no more issues. So I have some reversing quilting to do (ripping out stitches) on a third of what I have done so I figure about another week on the frame.
OK, break time is over back to work.
Enjoy!
Mary

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!! And I really love all the scenic pictures you've posted too!
    B

    ReplyDelete