Sunday, April 13, 2008

Taxes Are Done and Filed


Today I finally finished our taxes and for once I'm not writing a check - YIPPEEE!! I did start on them about a month ago so I knew that we were in pretty good shape but I still procrastinated to almost the bitter end - thank goodness for e-file.
After I finished the taxes we took off to the mountains to get away for a few hours. The first stop was what I thought was a winery, fields and fields of grape vines, a nice looking Inn and Restaurant that had a real Tuscan feel. Stopped in the Inn for some information. No Winery, they sell their grapes - ??? - nearest Winery 14 miles away - ??? - looked like a real miss on their part - prefect place to open one up, should have taken a picture.
Ok back in to the car for more riding decided to go to Tryon NC and then back home. Stopped in Tryon for dinner at the local pub, they had a live band playing loudly for a small place. A couple of beers and a quick meal we were on the road again to go around Lake Lure. The picture above is the lakes version of Charleston's Color Row. Its a very peaceful lake even though just about every foot of shore line has a building on it or near it. I uploaded more pictures of the lake on my webshots page in the album 2008.
We were home by 6 and getting ready for the work week ahead and there still is laundry to do.
Mary

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice adventure today...Love the pictures - absolutely gorgeous!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete